The Unstoppable Force
The Force is Strong with you. Login or Register You Must!
The Unstoppable Force
The Force is Strong with you. Login or Register You Must!
The Unstoppable Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unstoppable Force

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disney/Pixar's Wall.E

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Disney/Pixar's Wall.E Empty
PostSubject: Disney/Pixar's Wall.E   Disney/Pixar's Wall.E Mvr9tgTue Feb 05, 2008 4:43 pm

An upcoming Disney movie that i am really interested to see is Wall.E.
The Story Line: "After hundreds of lonely years of doing what he was built for, WALL•E (short for Waste Allocation Load Lifter Earth-Class) discovers a new purpose in life (besides collecting knick-knacks) when he meets a sleek search robot named EVE. EVE comes to realize that WALL•E has inadvertently stumbled upon the key to the planet's future, and races back to space to report her findings to the humans (who have been eagerly awaiting word that it is safe to return home). Meanwhile, WALL•E chases EVE across the galaxy and sets into motion one of the most exciting and imaginative comedy adventures ever brought to the big screen.

Joining WALL•E on his fantastic journey across a universe of never-before-imagined visions of the future, is a hilarious cast of characters including a pet cockroach, and a heroic team of malfunctioning misfit robots.

Filled with surprises, action, humor and heart, "WALL•E" was written and directed by Andrew Stanton, produced by Jim Morris, co-produced by Lindsey Collins and features original and innovative sound design by Academy Award®-winner Ben Burtt ("Star Wars," "Indiana Jones," "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial")."
It is made by Pixar Studios and looks really fun. Check out the official site here and make sure to watch at least the Super Bowl Trailer on there. It is really funny
Back to top Go down
https://unstoppableforce.forummotion.com
MICKEYBEAST
Sith Lord/Moderator
Sith Lord/Moderator
MICKEYBEAST

Number of posts : 149
Jedi/Sith Name : DarthBeast

PostSubject: Re: Disney/Pixar's Wall.E   Disney/Pixar's Wall.E Mvr9tgTue Feb 05, 2008 7:50 pm

I am so looking forward to this movie...more than the Incredibles and more than Cars. I think this is going to rock. I have already seen several trailers and thought they were great.....I must work on converting him to the dark side.
Back to top Go down
Rocks
Jedi Master/Moderator
Jedi Master/Moderator
Rocks

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Disney/Pixar's Wall.E   Disney/Pixar's Wall.E Mvr9tgWed Feb 06, 2008 12:04 am

I must admit, Darth Wall sounds too intriguing.... Wink
Back to top Go down
ladyvader
Jedi Master/Moderator
Jedi Master/Moderator
ladyvader

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Disney/Pixar's Wall.E   Disney/Pixar's Wall.E Mvr9tgSat Feb 09, 2008 6:46 pm

Here is the official Theatrical Trailer for Wall-E
I think it will be the best movie ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR2_l7fqzRw&eurl
Back to top Go down
http://www.ladyvadersblog.com
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

PostSubject: Re: Disney/Pixar's Wall.E   Disney/Pixar's Wall.E Mvr9tgMon Apr 28, 2008 11:44 pm

"This weekend at the New York Comic Con, more footage of this year's most anticipated animated film, Pixar's Wall-E, was shown to audiences. And once again the results were shock and awe. A buddy of mine in attendance who had previously given me a mouthful about how silly and stupid this looked called me to apologize. He was taken aback and finally saw what I was talking about. Wall-E is gorgeous. Wall-E wears its heart on its sleeve. But most importantly, Wall-E doesn't talk. Not really.

So once again the question is popping up: Are audiences ready for a movie with little-to-no dialogue? A quiet film about a robot who doesn't really speak in a world where all life is gone? It's not like this is the first time it has been attempted, not even the first time someone at Disney has tried it, but it is the first time someone has gotten this far with a major, mainstream release.

The last time anyone got this close was with Disney's nigh forgotten year 2000 misfire Dinosaur. Originally slated to be a dialogue-free epic about the last remaining dinosaurs fleeing the destruction of extinction, the suits at the top got nervous, scrapped that effort and insisted on cute lemurs and snappy dialogue instead. The result was less than spectacular -- a beautiful film for its time that was mostly soulless and devoid of the importance it could have had.

But were those execs right? Dinosaur wasn't exactly a financial disappointment. It simply doesn't measure up to the classic Disney standard. Nor does it stand toe-to-toe with any of the Pixar efforts. And while the suits might have been thinking about the film being a little too cerebral, they forgot one, unarguable fact. Children will watch anything animated. No. they will. Anything. I remember as a child on Sunday mornings watching Hello Kitty in Spanish because a cartoon I had to figure out for myself was a hell of a lot better than Meet the Press (and one could argue that it still is as an adult). To this day, I occasionally say Hola Gato when I see girls carrying that neon pink eyesore around.

But all that aside, I've met a lot of resistance from armchair industry watchers claiming that there's just no way. They don't think kids are that smart (they are); they don't think their parents will be able to stand it (they will). But most of these naysayers haven't watched the footage. Everyone who has watched the footage walks out a believer. It is just so visually arresting, so heartfelt and so universal a story, that it's hard to believe that anyone could doubt its success. The real question is: Will it be a success of The Incredibles level? Or of the tamer, Ratatouille variety? That we won't know for sure until June."

Source
Back to top Go down
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

PostSubject: Re: Disney/Pixar's Wall.E   Disney/Pixar's Wall.E Mvr9tgFri Jun 27, 2008 10:41 pm

It’s clear that Pixar’s “WALL·E” is making co-producer and distributor Disney nervous. And it’s not hard to see why. It’s too good. Too smart. And, most important, too dark. Set in a future where the Earth has become covered in trash and swept by dust storms and where the only wildlife is the cockroach, “WALL·E” refers to our hero: a Waste Allocation Load Lifter, Earth class. He has been left behind to toil endlessly in the shadow of the planet’s rubbish skyline.

Meanwhile, humankind has been traveling through space for 700 years waiting for Earth to regenerate. Thanks to the constant attention of robots, the human race has been reduced to morbid obesity, sloth and interactive video screens. This is not the Enchanted Forest. It’s too plausible for that. “WALL·E” is really an art film. It is besotted with its own technology, its own art — almost to the point that it allows technology to sublimate the story.

It is, the more I think about it, a jewel of a film in conception, execution and message. But the kids, who had been laughing at a recent screening, got very quiet during certain sequences, especially when the Earth seemed irredeemable. “WALL·E’s” glance into the future didn’t do much for my bliss either, but the idea that a company in the business of mainstream entertainment would make something as creative, substantial and cautionary as “WALL·E” has to raise your hopes for humanity.
Back to top Go down
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

PostSubject: Re: Disney/Pixar's Wall.E   Disney/Pixar's Wall.E Mvr9tgThu Jul 10, 2008 2:13 pm

StarWars.com did a little Interview with the creators of Wall.E to find out their favorite robots

"WALL·E Creators List Fave Robots

With the release of animated movie WALL·E from Pixar Animation Studios and Walt Disney Pictures, we couldn't help but wonder which robots (including Star Wars) ranked the highest on the list for the people behind WALL·. So we asked, and got some interesting answers. Go Gonk!

Ben Burtt, Sound & Character Voice Designer
(This is very difficult for me. All of these robots are like my children!)
Favorite B-n-L robot: Vacu-bot and M-O are tied for first place. Both are just fun and humorous all the time. They represent the basic spirit I love in these movies -- feisty and cute.
Favorite Star Wars robot: Wat Tambor. He still needs his chance. Highly-underrated performance.
Reason Star Wars fans should see WALL·E: This is a film presented in many ways from a droid's point of view -- something every Star Wars fan can appreciate. WALL·E is a comfortable extension of a science fiction universe in part, made possible by Star Wars.

John Lee, Production Illustrator
Favorite B-n-L robot: EVE. She's the most technologically advanced. She's armed. She's a woman (I think).
Favorite Star Wars robot: Probably R2-D2. He's no nonsense, and at one time or another almost everyone owes their life to Artoo.
Reason Star Wars fans should see WALL·E: Isn't it obvious?

Alan Barillaro, Supervising Animator
Favorite B-n-L robot: M-O because I'm a germaphobe too.
Favorite Star Wars robot: The trash can bot because he makes that "bohm" sound. Ben Burtt rocks.
Reason Star Wars fans should see WALL·E: Because if you have time to read this website, you have time to see WALL·E!

Steven Clay Hunter, Supervising Animator
Favorite B-n-L robot: PR-T because I want one to make me gorgeous!
Favorite Star Wars robot: C-3PO because he's fabulous!
Reason Star Wars fans should see WALL·E: Ben freakin' Burtt

David DeVan, Animator
Favorite B-n-L robot: WALL·E because he's really cute and nice and he loves EVE.
Favorite Star Wars robot: R2-D2 because he's short. I used to get picked on for being short, but now I'm in animation where most people are short.
Reason Star Wars fans should see WALL·E: Star Wars was 30 years ago. You need something new.

Tricia Andres, Production Office Manager
Favorite B-n-L robot: HAN-S, the rogue boxing robot, because he came through at a clutch moment. Also because he was like Rocky Balboa, taking care of business.
Favorite Star Wars robot: Well, Darth Vader, even though he was only half a robot, really. He was dark, tall, strong, mysterious...and that deep voice!
Reason Star Wars fans should see WALL·E: Cool robots, vast and beautiful galaxies, Ben Burtt sound effects, awesome spaceship, a sweet love story, and a bit of Hello Dolly thrown in, just to seal the deal.

Erik Smitt, Technical Lighting Lead
Favorite B-n-L robot: GO-4 because he has a mean hiss and a really sad backstory. If it hadn't been for that "incident" with the beautician bots, he probably would never have joined up with Auto in the first place.
Favorite Star Wars robot: 4-Up. I don't know what he did to offend Jabba, but it couldn't have warranted having his feet torched that way. Ouch!
Reason Star Wars fans should see WALL·E: WALL·E is actually a touching love story told through the lens of a classic sci-fi film. You have your robots, spaceships, dystopian future. Much of what makes the stetting so memorable is also what you enjoyed the first time you saw Star Wars. One notable difference, however, is that WALL·E spends less time trying to make out with his sister."
Back to top Go down
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

PostSubject: Re: Disney/Pixar's Wall.E   Disney/Pixar's Wall.E Mvr9tgMon Aug 25, 2008 10:23 am

UK magazine DVD Monthly has details on the upcoming DVD and Blu-ray release of Wall-E. The magazine reports that the title will arrive on November 24th in the UK. The US DVD and Blu-ray release date is one week earlier - November 18 - with two packaged editions available for each (see details further below).

Extras include:

Presto´ Theatrical Short

´BURN•E´ DVD Exclusive Short

´UP´ Teaser Trailer

Audio Commentary With Director Andrew Stanton

Featurettes:
´Animation Sound Design: Building Worlds From The Sound Up´ - An introduction to Ben Burtt´s sound design work on WALL•E, contextualized against animation sound design from the early Disney films. The custom sound-design process is illustrated with examples from both WALL•E and historic footage of the Disney sound effects masters at work.

´WALL•E´s Tour of the Universe´ (US Only) Join WALL•E on his own private tour of the Universe through the World-Wide Telescope, narrated by Auto-Pilot.

Deleted Scenes With Introductions:
´Garbage Airlock´ - In this original Garbage Airlock scene, it´s WALL•E who must heroically rescue EVE from being ejected from the ship, and then revive her before she dies.

´Dumped´ - In this alternate revelation scene, WALL•E presents the plant to EVE, and she realizes she must deliver it to the Bridge for analysis.

It will come out on regular one Disc DVD, Two Disc Blue Ray, and very Special Three Discs sets for both formats that include a "Disney File" digital copy of the movie for your computer or handheld devices with video.
Back to top Go down
Rocks
Jedi Master/Moderator
Jedi Master/Moderator
Rocks

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Disney/Pixar's Wall.E   Disney/Pixar's Wall.E Mvr9tgSun Aug 31, 2008 9:48 am

I sure hope Santa is kind this year.

I loved Wall•E - I admit I had a little tear in my eye and a place in my heart for him...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney/Pixar's Wall.E   Disney/Pixar's Wall.E Mvr9tg

Back to top Go down

Disney/Pixar's Wall.E
Page 1 of 1