The Unstoppable Force
The Force is Strong with you. Login or Register You Must!
The Unstoppable Force
The Force is Strong with you. Login or Register You Must!
The Unstoppable Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unstoppable Force

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

James Earl Jones to recieve Lifetime Achievment Award

Go down 
AuthorMessage
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-01-29

James Earl Jones to recieve Lifetime Achievment Award Empty
PostSubject: James Earl Jones to recieve Lifetime Achievment Award   James Earl Jones to recieve Lifetime Achievment Award Mvr9tgSun Oct 05, 2008 8:35 pm

James Earl Jones, who has voiced some of entertainment's most memorable characters, will receive the 2008 Screen Actors Guild Life Achievement Award.

SAG President Alan Rosenberg called Jones "a vocal presence without peer" and lauded his TV, film and stage work.

"His long and quiet devotion to advancing literacy, the arts and humanities on a national and local scale deserves our appreciation," Rosenberg said Thursday.

Jones, who said he was mute as a child because of a stuttering problem, credits reading with helping him find his voice.

"Through a love of reading, I was able to overcome my muteness and pursue a career in which my voice would be my most prominent asset," the 77-year-old actor said.

He is known to fans of all ages as the voice of Darth Vader in "Star Wars" and Mufasa in Disney's "The Lion King" as well as CNN.

Jones has collected myriad acting honors, including two Tony awards, three Emmys, an Oscar nomination and the National Medal of Arts.

He will be presented with the Life Achievement Award at the Screen Actors Guild awards on Jan. 25.
Back to top Go down
https://unstoppableforce.forummotion.com

James Earl Jones to recieve Lifetime Achievment Award
Page 1 of 1