The Unstoppable Force
The Force is Strong with you. Login or Register You Must!
The Unstoppable Force
The Force is Strong with you. Login or Register You Must!
The Unstoppable Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unstoppable Force

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Basic Site Rules

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Basic Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Basic Site Rules   Basic Site Rules Mvr9tgTue Jan 29, 2008 2:50 pm

Welcome to The Unstoppable Force! I hope you enjoy the site, but please do so following these rules:

Rules of Engagment
a.k.a. The "Scruffy looking Nerfherder" Rules

Treat others as you would want to be treated. It's ok to discuss topics and have a variety of viewpoints, but it is not ok to attack someone if they have a different opinion. We should encourage people to appreciate what everyone brings to the table (so to speak) and, hopefully, will learn something from the overall experience. So that means do not post anything that could be taken as racist, sexist, or anything that could cause religious controversy on the site, even if it was intended for the sake of humor. Both Star Wars and Disney have fans from old to young, so please avoid the use of profanity and any mature content so all ages will feel welcome

Rules of Comprehension
a.k.a. The "Human-Cyborg Relations" Rules

Avoid Excessive Text Talk. Abbreviations (eg. lol, fyi) are fine, but please don't go overboard so everyone can understand what you are trying to say.
If you are posting lots of information in 1 post, please break the text into paragraphs. It is overwhelming to see a big block of text, and you can easily lose your place when reading the post.

Rules of Spoilers
a.k.a The "I am Your Father" Rules

When dealing with TV Shows, do not post any spoiler type information about it until the day after it is aired, so everyone has a chance to see it. An of day mention should not go much further than stating whether you liked it or not.
When dealing with movies, clearly mark at the beginning of your post if it contains spoiler information, that means any plot points of the movie whatsoever.
When it comes to our sub Forums, such as VMK and Star Wars Galaxies, there are several site that cover these in a larger view, so let's just keep casual discussion of these topics, meaning no spoilers or walk-throughs.

Rules of Protecting your Identity
a.k.a. The "That name has no meaning to me now" Rules

While showing off artwork and fun pictures you have created / taken is encouraged, please do not post any pictures of yourself. This is to keep you and your identity safe.

Other Rules
a.k.a. The "Let the Wookie Win" Rules

When dealing with Forum Games (Such as Yum or Yuk, The Story Game, etc.), a limit of one post per user per day. If you wish to make a second comment, wait until the next day.

Rules of Deletion
a.k.a. The "I have a bad feeling about this" Rules

Violation of these rules will result in Carbonite freezing (a.k.a. Ban). First offense = 1 day, Second = 1 week, Third= 1 month, and Fourth = permanent. Believe me, I do not want to have to have to freeze you in Carbonite, but if you are purposely causing strife for the members, I will do what I must.

If you have not visited the site in 6 Months, you will firstly be contacted by darthstich via E-mail, informing you that you about to pass the 6 month point, and inviting you to come back, and get ahold of him, either by coming back on the site, or contacting him via e-mail, at darthstich@yahoo.com, saying you wish to keep your account active even though you have not been on, or that you would like him to delete it. At the beginning of what would be your 7th Month, darthstich will PERMANENTLY delete your account, if you have not replied saying otherwise. If you wish to be a part of the site afterwards, you will need to create a new account.

Thank you, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Last edited by darthstich on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:21 am; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://unstoppableforce.forummotion.com
AceDarkPrincess
Jedi Council/Group Leader
Jedi Council/Group Leader
AceDarkPrincess

Number of posts : 80
Jedi/Sith Name : Kyuu

Basic Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Site Rules   Basic Site Rules Mvr9tgTue Jan 29, 2008 7:47 pm

Got it Stitches Basic Site Rules 119291

(lol Stitches) you can mad at me later for that 1 Basic Site Rules 119291
Back to top Go down
Rocks
Jedi Master/Moderator
Jedi Master/Moderator
Rocks

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Basic Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Site Rules   Basic Site Rules Mvr9tgSat Mar 01, 2008 3:05 am

DarthStich -

May I suggest that 'text talk' should be avoided on this site?

I think a lot of people are familiar with texting, but we should encourage everyone to type the normal spelling of words. Regular intenet language is acceptable (eg LOL), as long as people don't go overboard with it.

How about adding in something like - treat others as you would want to be treated. Respect everyone's entitlement to opinions. It's ok to discuss topics and have a variety of viewpoints, but it is not ok to attack someone if they have a different opinion. We should encourage people to appreciate what everyone brings to the table (so to speak) and, hopefully, will learn something.

Last edited by TinkRocks on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

Basic Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Site Rules   Basic Site Rules Mvr9tgSat Mar 01, 2008 3:20 pm

Good Ideas Tink Wink They are added
Back to top Go down
Rocks
Jedi Master/Moderator
Jedi Master/Moderator
Rocks

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Basic Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Site Rules   Basic Site Rules Mvr9tgThu Mar 20, 2008 2:52 pm

I added in a section regarding breaking large chunks of text into paragraphs, making posts easier to read (and not as overwhelming).
Back to top Go down
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

Basic Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Site Rules   Basic Site Rules Mvr9tgTue Jan 06, 2009 2:12 am

With site games popularity rising, i posted a new rule to avoid excessive Basic Site Rules 496523 so it can prevent Basic Site Rules 370689 , Basic Site Rules 450453 , and Basic Site Rules 946664
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Basic Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Site Rules   Basic Site Rules Mvr9tg

Back to top Go down

Basic Site Rules
Page 1 of 1