The Unstoppable Force
The Force is Strong with you. Login or Register You Must!
The Unstoppable Force
The Force is Strong with you. Login or Register You Must!
The Unstoppable Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unstoppable Force

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Rumored Rides Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Official Rumored Rides Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Rumored Rides Thread   Official Rumored Rides Thread Mvr9tgWed Mar 05, 2008 12:16 am

I was channel surfing today and passed by a news channel that said that Epcot is building a Hurricane Simulation Ride, made to teach about Hurricane safety by experiencing a mock hurricane. I Think it would be kinda find knowing Disney's Safety Procedures

Also There is always a Rumor of a Star Tours Update Smile

Last edited by darthstich on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://unstoppableforce.forummotion.com
Rocks
Jedi Master/Moderator
Jedi Master/Moderator
Rocks

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Official Rumored Rides Thread   Official Rumored Rides Thread Mvr9tgWed Mar 05, 2008 2:02 am

A simulated-hurricane / hurricane safety attraction sounds intriguing, but doesn't Universal have a similar attraction based on the movie Twister? Not sure if the ride's still around or not - I've only been to Universal one time and, generally, was not impressed.
Back to top Go down
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

PostSubject: Lucas Land?   Official Rumored Rides Thread Mvr9tgWed Mar 05, 2008 1:25 pm

More info on Star Tours 2.0 and Possibly an Star Wars Restaurant, and Updated Indy

Jim Hill--"Right now, the engine that's driving this plan is Star Tours 2.0. Which will feature a brand-new 3D ride film as well as elements from Disney's Living Character Initiative. Look for this redo to officially be announced in 2008 and then go live in 2009. Just in time for the studio theme park's 20th anniversary. Mind you, just about the time that "Star Tours" will be going down for its rehab, the Backlot Express is also slated to receive an extreme makeover. During which all of the generic props that currently decorate this cavernous eatery will supposedly be replaced with replicas of well-known costumes & vehicles from various Lucasfilm productions. The way I hear it, the dining room closest to "Star Tours" will (of course) be "Star Wars" themed. While the dining room that's closest to the Stunt Spectacular stadium will then feature props & costumes from the "Indiana Jones" films.

Speaking of the "Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular" ... There has reportedly been some talk between Disney & Lucas about possibly cutting out a scene or two out of this now-18-year-old stunt show and then replacing that older material with brand-new sequences that would be based on memorable moments from the now-shooting "Indiana Jones IV."

That said, I guess I should mention that -- back when George Lucas & Steven Spielberg were taking part in a press conference for the opening of Disney-MGM Studios theme park -- these two said that they hoped that the Imagineers would eventually fold material from the then-just-about-be-released "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" into the Epic Stunt Spectacular. But that never happened. So just because Disney & Lucas are now reportedly talking about possibly dropping scenes from "Indiana Jones IV" into the studio theme park's stunt show doesn't mean that this is actually going to happen this time around."

Star Tours 2.0 May include, Newly Refurbished Simulators, New Special Effects, New 3-D HD Video Screens, New Animatronics, and A New Story Encompassing All Six Films
I suspect that is any of this is true we will find out at SWW or shortly after
Back to top Go down
WafflePrincess
Sith
Sith
WafflePrincess

Number of posts : 33
Jedi/Sith Name : Darth Waffle

PostSubject: Re: Official Rumored Rides Thread   Official Rumored Rides Thread Mvr9tgSat Mar 08, 2008 10:06 pm

TinkRocks wrote:
A simulated-hurricane / hurricane safety attraction sounds intriguing, but doesn't Universal have a similar attraction based on the movie Twister? Not sure if the ride's still around or not - I've only been to Universal one time and, generally, was not impressed.

Twister isn't a ride based of safety and such as MGM was saying this hurricane ride would be.
And yeah, universal still has it and its still boring as ever. lol

Id rather have that star wars restaurant than a knock off of twister. ;D
Back to top Go down
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

PostSubject: Re: Official Rumored Rides Thread   Official Rumored Rides Thread Mvr9tgWed May 14, 2008 10:33 am

"Journey into Narnia: Prince Caspian. Guests can experience an exclusive opportunity to see behind-the-scenes footage, original concept art, storyboards, props and costumes from the latest installment of “The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.” They can explore Aslan’s stone table chamber set recreated directly from the original molds, see blueprints used for the motion picture, and meet Prince Caspian. (summer 2008)"

Sounds Highly Plausible to me. I got that from here.
Back to top Go down
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

PostSubject: Re: Official Rumored Rides Thread   Official Rumored Rides Thread Mvr9tgWed May 28, 2008 7:06 pm

A little more weight added to Star Tours 2.0
The final line in a recent article interviewing Hayden Landis from ILM, on his recent work in the 4th Indiana Jones Movie, says "Next up for Landis is another nostalgia-oriented project--a redo of the Star Tours ride at Disneyland. The big question...will Captain EO make a comeback?"

Source
Back to top Go down
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

PostSubject: Re: Official Rumored Rides Thread   Official Rumored Rides Thread Mvr9tgTue Aug 12, 2008 8:21 pm

Check out this whole batch of rumors, especially the one pertaining to the Star Tours update...
http://www.disneygossip.com/
Also, one of the cover Stories in the September Issue of "Star Wars Insider," the offical Star Wars Magazine, is going to be about Star Tours Past Present and Future
Back to top Go down
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

PostSubject: Re: Official Rumored Rides Thread   Official Rumored Rides Thread Mvr9tgWed Oct 01, 2008 11:35 pm

Wow digging through here i find it kinda funny that a lot of it has actually happened lol.
Narnia Prince Caspian is open, the hurricane simulator ride Stormstruck is open, Tinkerbell is coming to MK, in fact the only thing that is yet to happen is Star Tours 2.0!!! lol Hopefully we will get more official word on that soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Rumored Rides Thread   Official Rumored Rides Thread Mvr9tg

Back to top Go down

Official Rumored Rides Thread
Page 1 of 1