The Unstoppable Force
The Force is Strong with you. Login or Register You Must!
The Unstoppable Force
The Force is Strong with you. Login or Register You Must!
The Unstoppable Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unstoppable Force

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Penguin Paper more popular than Chicago Tribune

Go down 
AuthorMessage
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Penguin Paper more popular than Chicago Tribune Empty
PostSubject: Penguin Paper more popular than Chicago Tribune   Penguin Paper more popular than Chicago Tribune Mvr9tgSat Oct 18, 2008 9:37 pm

Wow i'm kicking myself for not posting this sooner

"An online paper covering news in a fictitious world populated by penguins has become more widely read than New York’s Daily News, the Chicago Tribune, or the Dallas Morning News, reports the L.A. Times.

The Club Penguin Times is a weekly online-only publication with a readership of about 6.7 million monthly users of Club Penguin.

While the news may be based in fantasy, their model is similar to what many real papers are using to attract more readers online, incorporating social networking devices and encouraging interactivity. And one of the more successful features on the site is their user-submitted content, which includes 30,000 daily submissions from the pre-teen demographic.

This sounds like the perfect little hot spot for advertisers, right?

Well, neither the site nor the paper have advertising, which rely solely on a premium service subscription fees and proceeds from an online store.

And of course the real question is whether or not these kids who care more about igloos and ice fishing will ultimately translate over into real-world newspaper readers interested in politics and the economy."
Back to top Go down
https://unstoppableforce.forummotion.com

Penguin Paper more popular than Chicago Tribune
Page 1 of 1