Disney.com reached record traffic levels as guests logged on to watch the full-length Disney Channel Original Movie “Camp Rock.” The online event, which began at 5 p.m. PT Monday, June 23 and ended at 11:59 p.m. PT Tuesday, June 24, attracted 863,000 video plays and increased traffic to Disney.com by 37 percent (6/23/08 vs. 6/22/08 ).
Camp Rock’s online success follows the movie’s unprecedented multi-platform premiere weekend which delivered an impressive 24.5 million total televisions viewers across the U.S. and Canada and reached 6.0 million Kids 6-11 and more than 6.1 million Tweens 9-14, ranking as the week’s #1 TV program in those youth demographics. Disney Channel’s debut of “Camp Rock” ranks as cable TV’s #1 entertainment telecast of the 2007-08 season (8.9 million Total Viewers). On ABC-TV, the movie was the #1 summer Saturday entertainment telecast on any broadcast network in almost six years, and is ABC Family’s #1 movie broadcast ever among Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14.
Key performance highlights for the Disney.com Camp Rock online streaming event include:
* Camp Rock video plays totaled more than 863,000
* Traffic to Disney.com increased by 37 percent on Monday, June 23 (vs. 6/22/08 )
* Camp Rock Web sites (video player and supersite) scored 1.9 million visitors and 10 million page views during the entire event (6/23-24)
* Unique visitor traffic overall to Disney.com XD (DXD) on Monday, June 23 was more than twice the previous one-day record (953,592 vs. 465,421)
* The Camp Rock Channel in DXD, which hosted the video player, had more page views in one day (6/23) than any other DXD Channel has ever recorded in a full week.
“This is one of those inflection points for online entertainment at Disney.com and really shows the power of marrying great content with a great online experience,” stated Paul Yanover, executive vice president and managing director, Disney Online. “Disney Channel has created another sensation with ‘Camp Rock’ and we were thrilled to have the opportunity to feature it again on Disney.com.”
Video streaming services for the Camp Rock online event were primarily provided by Limelight Networks. Limelight Networks provides a variety of content delivery services, including live event services, on-demand delivery, website acceleration, and professional services across select Disney properties. The companies have had an ongoing relationship since 2006.
I am a big Star Wars Disney Geek, and would love to meet some more.