The Unstoppable Force
The Force is Strong with you. Login or Register You Must!
The Unstoppable Force
The Force is Strong with you. Login or Register You Must!
The Unstoppable Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unstoppable Force

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers Empty
PostSubject: Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers   Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers Mvr9tgWed Jan 30, 2008 3:39 pm

Besides the infamous line spoken by Evil Emperor Zurg to Buzz Lightyear in "Toy Story 2," "No Buzz I am Your Father, "Pixar itself is connected to Star Wars in a very interesting way. A long, long time ago, in a galaxy not very far away, John Lasseter, future head of most Disney/Pixar Movie projects, worked solely with Disney first as a skipper on the "Jungle Cruise" attraction in Disneyland, then as an animator for Disney Studios in Burbank, California. While he was working on the movie "Mickey's Christmas Carol" friends of his in the Studio invited him to another room to watch the first Lightcycle racing sequence for the then upcoming movie "Tron," which was one of the first movies to use computer generated imagery, or anything computer generated for that matter lol. Upon seeing it, Lasseter saw the potential of what CGI could do. Before this time, Disney films used the multiplane camera to add depth to scenery, but Lasseter thought they could do it even more effectively with computers. He was going to test it in the movie "The Brave Little Toaster," but in his excitement to try it, he went around some of his superiors in the company and started putting a crew together for the movie without even pitching it (which is bad if you don't know). When he got around to pitching the ideas, the person he pitched it to already knew about the project and was so upset at him that he denied the idea and fired Lasseter. This was in 1984. But Lasseter had made some contacts in the movie biz, and not to long after this he was hired by a Computer Graphics Group going under the name... Lucasfilm! That's right! He worked for the same CGI team that worked with George Lucas on the original three Star Wars movies! Within a two year period, they made some of the first computer animated cartoon shorts, but in 1986 money problems struck and Mr. Lucas had to sell the company to Steve Jobs, who is the head of the Apple computer company. While a large amount of the staff was moved to Lucas' other CGI team "Industrial Light and Magic," Lasseter was left behind with the old company that was renamed "Pixar Studios." The rest you know. They made a few more short films then Disney got them to make "Toy Story," the first full length computer animated film. Lasseter got a special Academy Award for his leadership of the "Toy Story" project and lead just about every Pixar movie since. I bet George Lucas is kicking himself for letting Lasseter go now and i bet that guy who fired him from Disney is there right next to George Kicking himself lol.

I found an episode of the Muppet Show with Mark Hamill as the guest star at my library. I laughed my head off (the doctors where indeed able to reatach my head afterwards LOL)! Besides Disney owning the Muppets another Disney/Star Wars crossover came in. At the end of the show, Mark Hamill, as himself and Luke Skywlaker, C-3PO, R2-D2, Chewbaca, and the Muppet gang including Miss Piggy Dressed like Princess Liea and Gonzo Dressed like Darth Vader going by the name "Dark Nader" did a song and dance number to "When you Wish Upon A Star," and yes Mark Hamill did Sing and Dance in it LOL!! (Seeing this is what made the head come unattached lol) Plus at the end of the song a little firework show came up and a mini Cinderella castle came up lol.

If you guys know any more feel free to post them

Last edited by on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://unstoppableforce.forummotion.com
ladyvader
Jedi Master/Moderator
Jedi Master/Moderator
ladyvader

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers   Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers Mvr9tgWed Jan 30, 2008 5:47 pm

The Muppet Show with Mark Hamil is my all time favorite. Gonzo was perfect!
I have always wanted to see the Star Wars Christmas Special I mean what do you buy a wookie when he already owns a comb?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ladyvadersblog.com
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers   Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers Mvr9tgWed Jan 30, 2008 5:57 pm

Rug cleaner. After all they are "Walking Carpets." lol!
Back to top Go down
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers   Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers Mvr9tgFri Feb 29, 2008 10:55 pm

Here's a cool one from Endorexpress.net that connects WDW and TDL to The Galaxy Far Far Away.

Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers 1znwlep Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers 20pc13t

"Sonny Eclipse (Top Left Pic) is an intergalactic alien lounge singer who performs all day, every day in the Starlight Lounge Room of Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, located in Walt Disney World's Tomorrowland, in Orlando, Florida.

Sonny's amazing Astro Organ keyboard has a mind of its own and will occasionally play itself without anyone's hands on the keys. Sonny purchased Astro second-hand; the pawn shop records indicate it was previously owned by a blue Ortolan jizz-wailer named Max Rebo (Which is the same name and species of the head of a band named after him that plays in Jabba the Hutt's Palace in Star Wars VI), who claimed he sold it for a song (because once the Red Ball Jett organ, which we assume is the organ he uses in Star Wars VI, came out, the Astro Organ just wasn't in demand).

Sonny is believed to be the 'cousin' of Officer Zzzzyxxx (Top Right Pick) from the Star Tours (Queue Line) in Tokyo. While Sonny hails from Yew Nork City on the planet Zork, Officer Zzzzyxxx's employment records suggest he originated in a region called Joo Nerzey on the same planet.

During his act, Sonny makes passing mention of various members of his family, including his six-eyed, twelve-nostriled estranged wife, his parents, and his mother-in-law, but he never mentions his cousin Officer Zzzzyxxx, the only other member of the Zorkie race who currently resides on Earth. Some theorize that the two had a falling-out over Sonny's childhood dream to pursue a musical career"
Back to top Go down
Rocks
Jedi Master/Moderator
Jedi Master/Moderator
Rocks

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers   Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers Mvr9tgSat Mar 01, 2008 12:18 am

I love Sonny Eclipse - he's one of my favorite audio animatronics!
Back to top Go down
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers   Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers Mvr9tgThu Aug 21, 2008 2:19 pm

A new crossover is in "Star Wars: The Clone Wars." For a brief moment in the film, we see R2-D2 standing next to a Pink Astromech Droid. This may have gone most fans heads but that droid has very special significance. That droid was R2-KT, while it was her first appearance in the Star Wars universe, She was originally made here on Earth for a very Special girl.
Katie Johnson, daughter of Albin Johnson, founder of the 501st Legion charity group/Fan Club, was dying of Brain Cancer. While in her hospital bed she was able to watch "Star Wars: Episode II" where she saw the scene where Padme was sleeping and R2-D2 was there Protecting her. Katie Made a mention that she wished she had a robot to Protect her. So Albin started work on it, but it was taking a while. However, little Katie's condition worsened, so Albin got help from another fan Organization the R2 Builders Club, which was able to be give R2-KT to Katie, and watch over her for the small amount of time she had left in our Galaxy. Katie's condition also caught the eye of another Charity Group close to my heart, the Make A Wish Foundation, whose most generous supporter is the Walt Disney company. Katie's "Wish" was to go to Disneyworld. Luckily Katie was able to have both of her wishes come true before her untimely passing on August 9th, 2005 when she was only 7 years old.
However, R2-KT still lives on. Recently during last years "San Diego Comic Con" Hasbro released a Star Wars Action figure of the Droid as well as a card telling Katie's story. Between the Proceeds from those toys and Generous donations from all branches of the Lucasfilm company, Hasbro and Lucasfilm gave over $50,000 to the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Also the droid itself R2-KT is now on a tour of Duty helping to raise awareness on Pediatric Cancer, and helping raise money for Make-a-Wish to make more wishes come true for kids like Katie.

Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers 2m01nc

To learn more about R2-KT go Here
To learn more of Katie Johnson's Story go Here
To learn more about the Make-a-Wish foundation go Here
Back to top Go down
Rocks
Jedi Master/Moderator
Jedi Master/Moderator
Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers   Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers Mvr9tgThu Jun 18, 2009 1:53 pm

Another crossover for ya...

Wall•E

When Eve first meets Wall•E, she cycles through several languages to find right language to speak with Wall•E. One of the languages she cycles through is Huttese - the language spoken by Jabba the Hutt.

Ben Burtt (Sound Designer) worked at Lucasfilm for 28 years before joining spinoff company Pixar in 2005.
Back to top Go down
Rocks
Jedi Master/Moderator
Jedi Master/Moderator
Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers   Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers Mvr9tgMon Mar 08, 2010 5:49 pm

I heard through the grapevine that George Lucas was one of the guests at MK on opening day on Oct. 1, 1971 - can anyone confirm this (DarthStitch)?
Back to top Go down
darthstich
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
Supreme Chancelor/Admin
darthstich

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers   Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers Mvr9tgMon Mar 08, 2010 5:51 pm

It's not confirmable, unless there is some picture or video footage floating around i haven't seen. But i heard that as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers   Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers Mvr9tg

Back to top Go down

Other Star Wars/Disney Crossovers
Page 1 of 1